Child safety should be your top priority when you are in the driver’s seat while the child is in the rear seat. It has so much to do with the car seat type you have chosen for your kid. Most parents tend to check thoroughly if the belts and seats are secure. It is also possible that you might be making the same mistakes unknowingly. Therefore, you must be aware of the proper car seat installation process.
Today, accessories for car, like child seats, have become mandatory in many places according to vehicle safety standards. These safety seats for a child help to protect them from any mishaps and keeps them from falling off.
These days, automotive car parts have undergone a lot of innovations for your safety and comfort. You are most likely to find a car armrest, child seat, headrest, etc., that makes your ride comfortable and safe.
So, this post entails everything you must know about child safety in car seats.
How do Car Seats help to Ensure Child Safety?
A child safety seat or car seat is among the best ways to protect your kid in a vehicle. Your kid’s safety should be your top priority when driving with a child. So, installing these seats can be helpful, and you must drive safely. Car crashes are a leading cause of injury and death for children. Therefore, it is important to keep yourself prepared for these situations. Car seats can greatly lessen an accident’s impact and are mandatory in most states.
However, your child safety also depends on choosing the best seat and installing it correctly. The suitable car seats must be the one that fits your kid’s size, age and weight. Moreover, it should be compatible with the type of vehicle you own.
See More at : NYC Limousine Service
Features To Look for In the Car Seats
Different types of child car seats are readily available in most online and offline car accessories stores. You must always choose the one based on your budget and convenience. Certain key features that you must look out for a while investing in a car seat are as follows:
- Convertible– The convertible usually functions as both a front-facing and rear seat. Few convertible seat models can also convert into booster seats. But they might not be suitable for all children depending on their age.
- All-In-One– High-end car seats can transform into the rear seat for infants. You may also convert it to the front-facing mode suitable for toddlers. Moreover, you can also convert it into booster seats for young children.
- Five-Point Harness– This is one of the best child safety features in a car seat. It comes with a harness clip that helps secure the child’s hip, lap and shoulder. It helps prevent your child from falling or slipping off the vehicle seat.
- Twist-Free Straps– These straps are useful when present in a car seat. It helps to reduce the discomfort produced by the straps to the child.
- Built-In Lock Clips– The lock clips are essential as it helps to prevent the attached vehicle seat from rolling over.
- Recline– This feature is mainly present in the rear-facing car seats. It offers more comfort to your kid when they’re fast asleep.
Most child safety car seats offer impact protection as it contains EPS foam. It cushions the kid’s head during a car collision.
Top Tips about Car Seat Safety
Take a look at the following tips you must remember when buying a car seat for your child:
Buying The Right Car Seat
Your kid must be able to use a rear-facing for as long as possible. So, investing in the right car seat should last them for about two or more years. When the child outgrows the seat, it’s time for you to invest in a front-facing car.
Installing Your Car Seat
You must choose between using the seat belt and lower anchors to secure your car seat. Both are secure but don’t use them simultaneously. It’s crucial to utilise the lower anchors or tether with the seat belt once your kid faces forward.
Getting The Right Fit
Your child remains fully protected with a correctly adjusted harness. You should be aware of when to change your car seat. To confirm that your child is still within the weight, height, and age restrictions for that seat, check the label on the car seat.
How To Seat Your Child in The Car Seats Properly?
After the car seat has been installed, it’s crucial that you correctly buckle your youngster in. Here are some pointers to assist you with the same:
- Avoid putting a child in a car seat while wearing heavy clothing.
- The child’s back shouldn’t lean against the seat.
- Always comfortably buckle the straps. It should not be too tight or too loose.
- Connect the shoulder straps directly below the shoulders of the child.
- The straps should be flat against the child’s body without knots or twists.
With a good quality car seat, you never get to compromise with child safety. Also, you must look for such accessories in reputed online stores like Carorbis.com. They are the one-stop destination for all kinds of car parts and accessories. You only get genuine equipment from the leading brands when you order from them.
For more click here.